Thursday 4 July 2013

Quilts gone - SiX just hit the deadline again!!

Just a quickie after reading Edwinas' last post about delivering the work to Minerva. Edwina forgot to photograph her quilt as she was so last minute, I forgot to put and names and prices on mine, for the same reason. I think we in this group could really be called the Last Minuters .. we all seem to do it! Anyway, I've sent my information off now and I did remember to photograph mine (what a good girl) I'm going to post two on here and two on my own blog http://hilarybeattie.blogspot.co.uk/ so if you are visiting the gallery, you can opt to keep some as new on the day, or if not - hop over there and see the others. Each are about 24" x 19" (I think - I did forget to write it down!). If you don't want to see any right now, then look away NOW .....




I've really enjoyed these pieces and will definitely be continuing the series, although not for SiX, as we move on next to our gallery for Festival of Quilts next year. But I am personally doing a gallery for next Springs Fashion and Embroidery at the NEC, which I am calling 'The Shape of Nature' and I think a few moons would go down very nicely in there!

Hope to see lots of you at Minerva - it looks lovely form Edwinas' photographs and I'm looking forward to sharing some collage design ideas with you there - Hilary x

1 comment:

  1. We had a great preview over at Minerva today and the SiX quilts were much admired. I just updated The Quilt Association website - Minerva 13 show opens

    ReplyDelete